There are several exciting floral trends that we can expect to see in the world of floristry throughout the rest of this year. Here are a few of the predicted flower trends for the remainder of 2023:
- Moody and Dark Colours: In 2023, we can expect to see a lot of moody and dark-coloured blooms, such as deep purples, burgundy, navy, and dark reds. These colours are perfect for creating dramatic and sophisticated floral arrangements that make a statement.
- Dried Flowers: Dried flowers have been growing in popularity over the last few years, and this trend is set to continue in 2023. Dried flowers can add texture and depth to a bouquet or arrangement, and they can be used to create a rustic or bohemian feel.
- Sustainability: Eco-friendly and sustainable practices are becoming increasingly important to customers, and florists are responding to this demand by offering more options satisfying this demand. In 2023, we can expect to see more locally -sourced, seasonal, and organic flowers, as well as more biodegradable and recyclable packaging options.
- Unique Flower Choices: Florists are always on the lookout for unique and unusual blooms that can add an extra dimension to their arrangements. In 2023, we can expect to see more use of exotic flowers, tropical blooms, and lesser-known flowers that add interest and intrigue to a bouquet.
- Monochrome Arrangements: Floral arrangements, where all the flowers are the same colour, are becoming increasingly popular. This trend is set to continue in 2023, with monochrome arrangements being used to create a minimalist, elegant, and cohesive look.
- Sustainable Flower Farming: Sustainable flower farming is a growing trend expected to continue in 2023. More and more florists are looking for flowers that are grown in a sustainable and eco-friendly manner. This means we can expect to see a rise in flower farms that use sustainable practices such as organic farming, composting, and natural pest control methods.
- Textured Arrangements: Texture is set to be a big trend in 2023, with florists using a range of textures to create more interesting and dynamic floral arrangements. This can include the use of foliage, branches, and seed pods, as well as different types of flowers that have interesting textures such as ranunculus, anemones, and dahlias.
- Floral Installations: Floral installations are becoming increasingly popular, particularly for weddings and events. In 2023, we can expect to see more large-scale floral installations, such as flower walls, arches, and hanging installations. These dramatic floral displays can create a stunning backdrop for photos and add a real wow factor to any event.
- Bold Colour Combinations: Bold and unexpected colour combinations are set to be a big trend in 2023. Florists will experiment with bright, eye-catching colours, such as neon pinks, oranges, and yellows. These bold colour combinations can create a sense of fun and playfulness and can be used to create stunning floral arrangements that really stand out.
- Personalized Florals: Personalization is becoming increasingly important to customers, and florists are responding by offering more personalised options. In 2023, we can expect to see more florists offering bespoke floral arrangements tailored to individual customers’ needs and preferences. This could include using specific flowers that have a special meaning to the customer or creating arrangements that match a specific colour scheme or theme.
- Hybrid Flowers: In recent years, there has been a growing interest in hybrid flowers, which are created by crossbreeding two different species of flowers. Hybrid flowers can have unique colours and shapes that make them stand out from other flowers. In 2023, we can expect to see more hybrid flowers used by florists to create interesting and unusual floral arrangements.
- Single Stem Arrangements: Another trend that is set to continue in 2023 is the use of single stem arrangements. This involves using just one or two large flowers, such as a peony or a protea, in a vase or container. This minimalist approach can create a simple and elegant look that is perfect for modern interiors.
- Miniature Bouquets: Miniature bouquets have long been very popular in Japan; they areexpected to be a big trend in 2023, particularly for gifts and small events. These small bouquets can be made up of a few carefully chosen flowers and can be presented in small vases or jars. They are perfect for adding a touch of colour and beauty to a desk or bedside table.
- Biophilic Design: Biophilic design is a design trend that focuses on creating spaces that connect people with nature. In 2023, we can expect more florists to incorporate biophilic design principles into their floral arrangements. This could include using natural materials such as wood and stone in their designs or creating arrangements that mimic the natural shapes and patterns found in the natural world.
- Virtual Floral Experiences: As more and more events and shopping experiences move online, florists are finding new ways to offer virtual floral experiences. In 2023, we can expect to see more virtual floral workshops, where customers can learn how to create their own floral arrangements from the comfort of their own homes. There may also be virtual flower shows, competitions, and online flower markets where customers can purchase flowers directly from growers.
- Seasonal Blooms: Using seasonal blooms is a trend that has been around for a while but is set to continue in 2023. Florists are increasingly choosing to work with flowers that are in season, as they tend to be fresher, more affordable, and more eco-friendly. This means that we can expect to see many spring blooms in the early part of the year, followed by summer blooms in the warmer months, and autumnal blooms in the fall.
Overall, these are just a few of the predicted flower trends for 2023. From miniature bouquets and biophilic designs to virtual floral experiences and seasonal blooms, there are plenty of exciting trends to look forward to in the world of floristry in the coming year.